Our health is important for so many reasons, but often it’s the one thing that’s pushed to the bottom of our personal ‘to do’ list. In late February, more than 3,400 people at Ausenco and their families and friends were encouraged to think about their health and take action.
The Kwale project team recently celebrated 500,000 hours without a recordable incident – defined as a lost time incident (LTI), a medical treatment incident or restricted work event.
The team, responsible for delivering the concentrator and mineral separation plant for Base Resources Kwale Mineral Sands project in Kenya, has been focused on building a culture of strong performance and safety on the project.
In late February a group of Ausenco Peru volunteers participated in the 6th annual Dr Tony’s Beach Day for 40 children with different levels of medical conditions who live in Hogar San Francisco de Asis in Chaclacayo.
Around 45 volunteers, including employees and family members from Ausenco Peru and our clients Hudbay Minerals and Barrick, participated in the day at Santa María del Mar, around 40 kilometres south of Lima.
Engineers at Ausenco have one thing in common – a commitment to continuous improvement through innovation.
Hear how Jose challenges his boundaries working on projects at Ausenco.
This month we bring you the experience of a simulation practitioner with the development of a new Java simulation engine and its application to a large simulation model, featuring interactive 3-D graphics and parallel processing.
Ausenco is committed to the environment and promotes global environmentally responsible initiatives.
The Bogotá office, in Colombia, participated in February's ‘Car free day’. The initiative discouraged the use of private cars and encouraged more sustainable forms of transport. 80% of Ausenco employees used public transportation to get to work on this day, while the remaining 20% opted for walking.
Management of fatigue is a very important part of your personal safety and health. Sleep deficit is the most common contributing factor of fatigue and is built up slowly over consecutive nights of shortened or interrupted sleep. It can produce a decline in performance such as slower reaction times, failure to respond to changes and the inability to concentrate and make reasonable judgments.
Soon after a tornado struck the Ontario town of Goderich in August 2011, Ausenco was called upon to help Sifto Salt, the town’s largest employer, recover from the damage. This called for good engineering and construction management skills...
It is common for people to switch off when undertaking everyday tasks such as driving home. The key for being safe at work and at home is to stay ‘switched on’ at all times. Consequently it is equally important to recognise the need to help keep those around us ‘switched on’ to safety.
Kramer Ausenco, the largest engineering and program management firm within the South Pacific Region, is showing their support for the Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT) through their sponsorship of ‘Papua New Guinea Structures’. Until April, this display will present new works by over 67 artists from Papua New Guinea (PNG).
Ausenco Limited (ASX: AAX) today announced it had secured an initial three-year contract to manage a portfolio of projects at Newcrest Mining Limited’s (ASX: NCM) Lihir gold operation in Papua New Guinea (PNG).
Ausenco’s efforts to provide first-class investor relations information and services have been recognised this week at the Australasian Investor Relations Awards in Sydney...
The funds will help the non-profit, volunteer-driven organisation provide free, non-emergency air travel for children in 50 states with serious medical conditions or other critical needs.